Welcome to Brian’s Dance Class studio!
Get ready, Get set, Get Dancing!
“We are all students. With this in mind, you can expect to receive instruction delivered with patience and humor. Breaking down the pattern while imparting the correct techniques and character of the dance style is what you will learn.”
— Brian Udal
Our Certified Instructor
The guy who makes us dance!
The following information is a little history about myself as a ballroom instructor and some bio.
– Started playing drums at 13 yrs old in 1965 playing in the school band and then onward to the Delta Youth Orchestra, club bands, show bands, country, jazz, pop, Latin and anything I could do to make money, gain experience and fulfill my dreams.
– Started teaching drums at 19 yrs old for 1 year.
– Fast forward to 1997 and became interested in dancing due to not having much contact in the music industry anymore.
– Years later after studying with numerous dance instructors I decided to become a certified dance instructor.
– Summer 2004 in San Francisco I received my Associate Degree from Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA). My instructor \ examiner was world famous Diane Jarmolow who wrote the syllabus of dancing for DVIDA which has now become the standard for American Rhythm dancing.
– Began teaching in White Rock/South Surrey September 2004 under the name Roca Blanca Dance which means White Rock Dance in Spanish.
– Summer 2005 in San Francisco I earned my Masters Degree from Diane Jarmolow.
– Sept 2005 began teaching the Teacher Training Program to aspiring individuals who also wished to become certified like myself. Hired many graduates to work for me who later went on to teach in their respective communities.
– 2007 entered several students in the DVIDA Las Vegas Dance competitions of which all won either 1st, 2nd or 3rd awards.
– 2008 entered several students in the Richmond Grand Ballroom dance competitions of which all students came in 1st position.
– 2010 Won the Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Business award for under 7 employees.
– Over the years I have also steadily taught lessons to classes of students in Trail and Nelson BC.
– Moved to Summerland August 1, 2017. Currently teaching Ballroom dancing in Summerland and Penticton. We love the Okanagan.
– Have proudly taught hundreds of wedding couples prepare for their First Dance plus thousands of students learn to dance all manner of swing, Latin, Country and Smooth Dances.
– After all these years I still love teaching dance and gain satisfaction watching students excel at all levels.
Thank you to everyone for your support and participation.
Certification – Masters degree with Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA).
Areas of Expertise – Smooth, Latin, Swing, Club and Country 2 Step.
Experience – Since 1997.
Categories – Owner, Director, Chief Instructor.